Thursday 2 March 2006

Steam Pork Mince With Salted Fish

I am always keen in learning how to make tasty steamed minced meat with salted fish which are similar to those selling in the steamed food stall. So after consulting some experts from cooking forum that makes this dish, I finally managed to prepare something similar to what I expected. Actually this is an easy dish to prepare but you need some skill in making the minced meat seasoning and get food quality of salted fish to enhance the taste.


Ingredients:
150g Minced Pork
50g Salted Fish, chopped into small pieces
1 Tube Silken Tofu
Some Spring Onion

Seasoning For Mince:
2 Teaspoons Of Water
1 Teaspoon Cornflour
1/2 Teaspoon Dark Soy Sauce
1/2 Teaspoon Light Soy Sauce
Some Pepper & Sesame Oil

Methods:
1. Add chopped salted fish and seasoning into the minced pork and stir well. Set aside in the fridge for at least 30 minutes or more.
2. Before steaming, cut the tofu into 1cm thick,  sprinkler some cornflour on it and top with minced meat.
3. Arrange prepared tofu on steaming plate and steam over medium high heat for about 10 minutes depending on the thickness of the meat.
4. When done, top with some spring onion and serve hot.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Ellena!

    Thanks for painstakingly share so many nice recipes and pictures...

    I was wondering... for 150g of pork... is 50g of salted fish too much? Seem like the ratio is quite high. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Em... to my family and a few of my friends who tried this recipe before they comments that the taste was just nice and good... maybe because of the doufu.

    As i steam this together with the doufu and it blend well between the two... But if you mainly just steam it without the doufu, maybe u can cut down on the amount of salted fish or increase the amount of meat....... HTH

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought it was too much until I tried it a few days ago. Normally I soak the salted fish in some water to remove the extra saltiness (about an hour or so) before I use them for any recipe. Turns out ok for me! Goes well with rice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! May I know what type of steammer you are using?Why yours have see through glass?Is it the multi-layer type?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just place a metal meat on a bamboo steam over a pot and steam it.... the glass that you saw in the picture is the cover of the pot... :)

    ReplyDelete

Dear All,

Thanks for leaving down your comments. I do value each and every of your suggestion(s) or comment(s) so if you are signing off as Anonymous, please kindly leave your Name so that I could address you. Thanks

Lastly, please DO NOT SPAM as Spam comments will be deleted immediately.

Regards
Ellena (Cuisine Paradise)

ShareThis