Thursday 13 April 2006

Chicken Soup With Conch & Huai Shan

Have you heard or seen a Sea Conch before?  Do you know Sea Conch (响螺片): has a sweet taste and of cold nature. It helps to clear the liver, nourishes lungs and benefits the organs. And according to Chinese Physician those who suffer from weak QI energy and anaemia will benefit a lot from drinking sea conch soup.



Our Soup Of The Day is this Chicken Soup With Conch & Huai Shan. As I had mention previously in another recipes; Huai Shan (淮山): tastes sweet and of neutral nature. It nourishes the lungs and kidneys, strengthens the spleen, stop diarrhea, uplifts the spirit and benefits Qi too.

Ingredients:
1/2 Portion Of Chicken
4-5 Slices Of Dried Sea Conch(响螺片)
1 Section Of Fresh Huai Shan(淮山), abt 15cm
1 Tablespoon Qizi (枸杞子)
10g Dried Longans(桂圆肉)
2 Slices Ginger(老姜片)
1.5 Litres Water

Methods:
1. Clean chicken and remove the lungs and parts of those fat and skins.
2. Scald chicken and conch separately then rinse with cold water and drain.
3. Wash and peel fresh huai shan then cut it into thick chunks.
4. Bring water to boil in a soup pot, add in all the ingredients..
5. When the mixtures comes to boil, low heat and simmer for 2 hours and serve.
6. Alternatively transfer mixture from steps 5 to a slow-cooker on AUTO heat and cook for at last 3 hours.

Note:
- You can get dried sea conch from Chinese medical hall or stall selling dried provision in the wet market.

3 comments:

  1. That is so interesting! I've never heard of dried conch before but now I want to try it. I just realised you've linked me on your blog - thanks so much! Glad I discovered your blog as I really like all your recipes. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. U are welcome... cos i saw that u had alot of interesting recipe as well.. my friend had just tried yr eight treasure duck and she said is veri nice.. so after i gathered all the ingredients i also wanted to give it a try....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, thanks so much for the compliment. I'm glad your friend liked the recipe and do let me know when you try yours! I've made it with chicken as well and it worked well too. By the way, thanks for the answer on the huai san - I will try the wet market.

    ReplyDelete

Dear All,

Thanks for leaving down your comments. I do value each and every of your suggestion(s) or comment(s) so if you are signing off as Anonymous, please kindly leave your Name so that I could address you. Thanks

Lastly, please DO NOT SPAM as Spam comments will be deleted immediately.

Regards
Ellena (Cuisine Paradise)

ShareThis