Sunday 25 February 2007

Colourful Minature Tang Yuan

Wow! When you look at these I am sure you will be wondering what is these? Can these be eaten? This is actually our traditional no filling Tang Yuan which came in White and Pink in colour. But then my dear friend Tracy was telling that to make it more colourful for kids. So I also decided to make some colourful dough and do it with my dear reyon.


The dough is pretty easy to prepare as you only need to add colour water to the glutinous rice flour and stir well to become a dough. I made very little tang yuan which sort of like the size of a marble or slightly bigger so that you will feel like eating more of the wonderful colours.

I also pre-boiled a pot of Red Date Longan Water with extra Ginkgo Nuts to go with the boiled tang yuan. These are really an easy to made dessert with kids and I am sure they will enjoy both making and eating it.....

Ingredients:
50g Glutinous Rice Flour, 糯米粉
1 Teaspoon Potato Starch, 生粉
45-50ml Water + Food Colouring

Methods:
1. Place the flour and potato starch in a mixing bowl, slowly add in colouring water.
2. Stir with a chopstick and knead into a smooth dough.
3. Pinch a bit of the dough and roll it into round shape according to the size that you prefer.

Note:
a) You just repeat with the above steps with different colour or favour water to make the colour dough.Posted by Picasa


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear All,

Thanks for leaving down your comments. I do value each and every of your suggestion(s) or comment(s) so if you are signing off as Anonymous, please kindly leave your Name so that I could address you. Thanks

Lastly, please DO NOT SPAM as Spam comments will be deleted immediately.

Regards
Ellena (Cuisine Paradise)

ShareThis