Saturday 29 September 2007

Winni The Pooh & Friends

It had being so long after I re-baked these wonderful butter cookies. This round I had made these as a Children's Day Party for a Childcare. I am sure those kids will be delighted to receive these wonderful Cookies in their Children's Day gift pack.


Would you like to have a piece for your Morning or Afternoon Tea. I am sure you will love these wonderful Butter Cookies too...... For those who wish to try, you can try making these for your kids with those normal cookie cutter even though you do not have these Disney Cookies Cutter.

>Ingredients: (around 30 cookies depending on the size)
125g Butter, softened at room temperature
1/4 Cup Icing Sugar
1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Essence
1 Egg, at room temperature
1 1/4 Cups Top Flour
1/4 Cup Cornflour

Methods:
1. Using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar and vanilla until pale and creamy.
2. Add egg, beat until well combined.
3. Sift flour and cornflour over butter mixture.
4. Mix well and divide the dough into half, press each half into a disc then wrap in cling wrap and refrigerate for about 20 minutes.
5. Preheat the oven to 160 degree and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
6. Roll each disc out between 2 sheets of baking paper to about 3mm thick.
7. Using cookie cutter, cut out the desire shapes and place onto the trays.
8. Roll leftover dough together and repeat, baked the cookies for 15 - 20 minutes until light golden.
9. Stand on trays for about 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool.

Notes:
a) Dip cookie cutters into flour in between cutting each cookie to prevent dough from sticking.

These are some of the example from my recent order for Children's Day Party. And for those who are interested in Ordering Assorted Butter Cookies for either Children's Party or as Gift for any Special Occasions you can always check out at the Ordering Site. Posted by Picasa


13 comments:

  1. hi ellena,
    like your blog and envy you that you can cook n bake so well. could you please tell me where can i buy the Disney Cookies Cutters, they are so cute. i m from Singapore too. hope to hear from you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yo ellena, i love these cookies, can smell the aroma from here already hehe :p must treat me to some when i go over for afternoon tea hor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jo,
    Thanks for your kind comments :) Em... my Disney Cutters are a gift from my mother-in-law and I don't think you can find any in Singapore. Some of my pal do get them from some spree in local forum. Or if you happen to have friends of relative in HK or Taiwan u can get them too.... HTH

    Yoz Evan,
    Thanks for your comments :) But hor... those remaining cookies already end up in Reyon's Tummy leh hehehe.... next round next round I will sure kept some for our afternoon Tea-party.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi ellena,
    thank 4 the explanation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi ellena,
    Can u tell me how do u make sure or make the cookies some thickness, is there anything to guide when rolling?
    Cos when i make cookies always not the same thickness. Heehee Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi there.

    where do you get those nice zip loc baggies? and wow...u even printed the pooh pix? a lot of ink..hahah :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi ellena,

    Love to read your blog and all your creation. I would like to know what is Top flour? Can I use other flour to substitute?

    angel

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jo,

    Sometime i also hav uneven dough while cutting the cookies, mb u can divide the dough into small portion which is easier to handle and you can come out with more even surface since the area is smaller. HTH.

    Hi Linda,
    I got those bags from a gift shop near my area :)

    Hi Angel,
    Top Flour is usually used for kueh or biscuit to let it have a smooth and soft texture. U can also replace it with plain flour but then the texture will not be as nice as top flour. HTH :)

    Rds
    Ellena

    ReplyDelete
  9. hello ellena,
    very good yummy blog. btw, where do you get those winni the pooh cutter or mould

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi min@faith,

    Thanks for your kind comments. Oh.. all my cutters my mil got it from Hong Kong when she went for her trips. HTH :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi dear Ellena,

    I really love reading ur blog and I m attemping to bake the cookies for my son's BD party. But may I ask u something about the flour?

    Alot of butter cookies ask for plain flour but may I know what is he reason for using corn flour? Will Corn flour affect the texture and taste of the cookie?

    Thanks so much, but I am really curious as I am a new to baking :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Angelia,

    THanks for dropping by and your kind compliments.

    Ok.. most of the butter cookie do add only butter. By adding corn flour it will turn it to shortbread cookies which is those melt in mouth type.. most crisp and fragrant... :)

    Mb u can give it a try in a smaller portion then u see whether is it to yr liking.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi,

    I would like to know what is the measurement of the icing sugar and the flour? How much is 1/4 cup of icing sugar and 1 1/4 cup of topflour?

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Dear All,

Thanks for leaving down your comments. I do value each and every of your suggestion(s) or comment(s) so if you are signing off as Anonymous, please kindly leave your Name so that I could address you. Thanks

Lastly, please DO NOT SPAM as Spam comments will be deleted immediately.

Regards
Ellena (Cuisine Paradise)

ShareThis