Sunday 11 May 2008

Cod Fish Rice

Reyon and I having this for our Mother's Day Dinner. This is one of Reyon's favourite "1 Dish Meal" despite that he is not really keen on fish. There is two different way that you can make this dish depend on which type you prefer?


As usual I cooked the rice using the soup base instead of water so that Reyon will get most of the nutrition from the soup. Then I coat the marinated fish fillet with cornflour then pan-fry in until golden brown and almost cooked through then I place it on top of the bubbling rice and let it continue to cook through so that the fish oil and fragrant will combine well with the rice.

Ingredients:
1 Or 2 pieces Of Cod Fish Fillet, without bone part
1/2 Tablespoon Of Cooking Wine
1 Teaspoon of Light Soy Sauce
1 Tablespoon Of Cornflour
3-4 Slices Of Ginger

Methods:
1. Wash and pat dry the fish fillet then marinate it with cooking wine, soy sauce and then coat it with cornflour.
2. Preheat a frying pan with some oil then saute the ginger slices until fragrant then add in the fish, skin side down.
3. Saute it for about 2 minutes till almost golden brown then turn over and repeat the same thing until both side are golden in colour.
4. Place the almost cook fish fillet on top of the bubbling rice which is half way through the cooking time.
5. Leave the fish fillet in the rice cooker until the rice is done.
6. Serve warm with some cucumber and tomato slices. (you can choose to drizzle it with extra BBQ sauce or tomato sauce on the fillet)

Note:
You can replace Cod Fish with Snapper or Salmon depend on your preference.

5 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm glad you are posting the recipes again. I came across your blog from Novice baker last year. Since then, I've tried some of your recipes. You have a gift for making cooking look easy. Will definitely try the 1 dish meal. Hope you don't stop! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi juls,

    Thanks for support in my blogs and your kind compliments :) Do hope to see with often with your valuable suggestion..... God Bless you too... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew I saw some cod fish recipe here that night and so came back hunting for it. *grin*

    Ellena, those cod that I buy are sometimes not very fresh. I tried squeezing some ginger on them to get rid of the "smell" but then they prove to be too "spicy" for my kids. Is there any other way I get around it? Did I marinate too long?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Em.. Hi allthingpurple,

    As far as i do, i don't really marinate the fish fillet with ginger juice, the most i do is to rub it with a slice of ginger or i soak it in fresh milk for about 5 minutes... :)

    Or you can season it with some rice wine or mirin to get rid of that fishy smell. :)

    Hope that help.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ur son is so fortunate to have a mum who cooks well. my 2 yo refuse to eat her vege n i am a not v gd with cooking but slowly dev the interest, thks to ur blog and for being generous in sharing the info. Lishan

    ReplyDelete

Dear All,

Thanks for leaving down your comments. I do value each and every of your suggestion(s) or comment(s) so if you are signing off as Anonymous, please kindly leave your Name so that I could address you. Thanks

Lastly, please DO NOT SPAM as Spam comments will be deleted immediately.

Regards
Ellena (Cuisine Paradise)

ShareThis