Friday 9 April 2010

Chocolate Chip Madeleines

After about almost a year, finally I get the chance to use my "Scallop Shell Madeleine Tin" which one of my blog friend bought it for me from Japan during her visit to Singapore. With that I replicated these Chocolate Madeleines which is one of my son's favourite tea-snack .


My son loves these Scallop Shape Madeleines. I remember the moment that I told him we are going to make his favourite Chocolate Chip Madeleines, he quickly grab his chair and stand-by at the counter top looking excitedly to start the bake .

This recipe nut free which is good for those who can't consume any nut as part of their food intake  because the ingredient list does not include any ground almond which is commonly found in most Traditional Madeleine recipes.

Ingredients: (makes 10)
90g Plain Flour
90g Caster Sugar
90g Butter, melted cool
2 Eggs, 60g each
1 Tablespoon Dutch Cocoa Powder
30g Chocolate Chip, optional

Method:
1. Grease madeleine pan by brushing it with melted butter and lightly dust with flour, set aside.

2. Whisk eggs and sugar with a mixer for about 5 minutes or until thick and creamy.

3. Mix in the flour mixture (sift flour and cocoa powder together), stir till combined then mix in the melted butter.

4. Spoon the batter to the grease madeleine pan till slight more than 3/4 full, top with some chocolate chips.

5. Bake in preheated 180 Degree Celsius oven for about 10 minutes or until the cakes spring back when lightly press.

Due to the proportion of the ingredients, it gives a very soft and moist chocolate chip madeleine when compared to some of those sold in the bakery. With this first success it actually motivated me to start baking some French Madeleines that my son bought from "Icing Room". Till then I shall look around for a good recipe to start with.

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes I wonder if you went to school. Loads of spelling and grammar mistakes, it's a pain to read your entries. Please do your readers a favour in future and do a spell check before you hit 'submit'!

    My son always PURCHASE, not purchased. Apparently you can't really differentiate between past and present tense can you? I don't see what is so difficult??

    And please stop giving the excuse or reason that this is just a personal blog to jot down your bakings and cookings and that you don't hold a good command of english. If it is made public, it is only nice, or should I say, your responsibility to ensure your post is free of error. And I believe anyone can do it if they want do, it's just up to you whether you want to put in the effort or not. Perhaps you just need to read and speak more, if that is where your weakness lies.

    Looking forward to a better drafted entry in future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Ellena, pls don't get upset over nasty post by mummyponcho! she must be someone jealous of your capability! If she can't stand your typo or grammatical errors, she is welcome not to read your blog! People are laughing at her instead because she just kicked her own ass for being so low and uncivilized!

    ReplyDelete

Dear All,

Thanks for leaving down your comments. I do value each and every of your suggestion(s) or comment(s) so if you are signing off as Anonymous, please kindly leave your Name so that I could address you. Thanks

Lastly, please DO NOT SPAM as Spam comments will be deleted immediately.

Regards
Ellena (Cuisine Paradise)

ShareThis