Saturday 3 September 2011

Blueberry Pancakes

If you remember in early July this year, I have shared a post on 3 different Durian recipes (read more HERE) where one of it is making Durian Pancake. Here using a similar recipe I have whipped out some delicious Blueberry Pancakes for our weekend breakfast. And for those staying in Singapore, does this look familiar to you like one of the KFC AM Breakfast - Blueberry Pancakes?

So if you like pancakes, blueberry, honey and cheese do try this recipe and I am sure you would love it as much as we do.



BLUEBERRY PANCAKES




(Yield: 6, 12 cm pancake | Preparation: 5 minutes | Cooking: 10 minutes)

Ingredients:
100g Plain Flour
1/2 Teaspoon Double Acting Baking Powder
180ml Fresh Milk/Buttermilk
1 Egg, 60g
70g Caster Sugar
Pinch of Salt

Filling And Garnish:
80g Fresh/Frozen Blueberry
Plain Yogurt/Cheese Wedges
Honey

Method:-
1. Sift plain flour and double acting baking powder together.

2. Beat egg and sugar until creamy and fluffy (about 3 - 4 minutes) before stirring in the flour mixture.

3. Next add in remaining ingredients, mix well to form a smooth batter.

4. Set batter aside in the fridge for about 30 minutes. Remove stir-in the blueberry and get ready the frying pan for cooking.

5. Heat up a non-stick pan, lightly grease it with cooking oil and add in 2 tablespoon of batter, swirl pan and cook the pancake over medium low heat.

6. Turn the pancake over when you see large air holes appearing on it and cook for another 1 minutes or less depend on its thickness.

7. Spread some some cream cheese or top with cheese wedges on the pancake, drizzle some honey over it and serve immediately with some extra blueberry according to your preference.


12 comments:

  1. Parsley Sage4/9/11 8:23 am

    Those look delicious! Admittedly, I haven't had a pancake in years...so, so bad!  I've got all this stuff in my pantry though, I could easily make these tomorrow morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm this looks good.  Too bad can't support you for the US event as my kids are involved in the taekwondo competition. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Foodfortots5/9/11 1:20 am

    Yummy!! Love the combination! I'm sure my son will love it to bits. Will try it out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ellie | Gourmand Recipes6/9/11 11:41 am

    Beautiful pancakes, Ellena. I would love to wake up to this for breakfast every morning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Carsley :) Hope you will like this :p

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks :) I love your cute stack up pancakes toooo :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Ellie. Shall we exchange. I love your latest Salted Caramel Madeleines to bits!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ellena!  Your blueberry pancake pictures are amazing!  I love them.  My daughter is asking for blueberry pancakes for a long time.  I should make it soon. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Undercover Cook9/9/11 12:35 am

    Pancakes are always a winning breakfast!  I like the addition of the cheese wedge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like that cheese wedge you hv added! Sweet and savory!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Ellena,
    I am wondering how u made your pancake so round and nice? I followed this recipe for bfast this morning but none of them was round, all were super out of shapes! Hahaha. But my boys finished them up nevertheless, saying that the pancakes were very flavorful (the shapes didn't bother them at all) ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Dear All,

Thanks for leaving down your comments. I do value each and every of your suggestion(s) or comment(s) so if you are signing off as Anonymous, please kindly leave your Name so that I could address you. Thanks

Lastly, please DO NOT SPAM as Spam comments will be deleted immediately.

Regards
Ellena (Cuisine Paradise)

ShareThis